ZEAL THEATRE is an internationally renowned touring theatre company dedicated to creating plays for schools, theatres and festivals. Founded in 1989 by actor / writer / director Stefo Nantsou, Zeal has created over 45 original productions and has performed throughout Australia, Europe, North America, Asia, New Zealand & South Africa, with their plays being staged in over 30 countries worldwide.
Some Zeal highlights include:
- "JOYRIDE" (created with police & street-kids, performed 600+ times 1992-96)
- "TATAU : RITES OF PASSAGE" (created with NZ's Pacific Underground in 1996)
- "THE STONES" (performed 1200+ times worldwide since 1996 including seasons at the National Theatre in London, The Duke on 42nd St in New York, De Krakeling in Amsterdam, and a cowshed in Horn-Zaingrub, Austria.
- "THE FORWARDS" (also produced by Kolibri Theatre in Hungary in 2006)
- "THE APOLOGY" (also produced by Teater Neo in Denmark in 2007)
- "AUSTRALIA V SOUTH AFRICA" (performed in Sydney & Grahamstown 2008)
- "TABOO" (also produced by TheatreHaus Frankfurt in Germany & Teater Grimsborken in Norway in 2010-11)
- "SIDE EFFECTS" (also produced by Teater Grimsborken in Norway in 2013)
- "BRAT CAMP" (also produced by Kolibri Theatre in Hungary in 2014)
ZEAL THEATRE has won numerous awards around Australia and in 2005 received the ASSITEJ Honorary President's Award in Montreal, Canada for "outstanding services to the theatre for young people industry"
Currently ZEAL has 4 productions in repertoire, "THE STONES", "BURNT", "KING-HIT" & "LUCKY COUNTRY"
CONTACT ZEAL THEATRE:
- Phone: 61-4-2188-7003
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.zealtheatre.com.au
- Mail: P.O. Box 187 Newtown NSW 2042 AUSTRALIA