Zeal Theatre has been involved in numerous short and long term residencies in a range of schools, universities and with many international theatre companies. Zeal residencies give drama students an opportunity to create and perform in their own show under Zeal’s mentorship, learning a range of theatrical skills, research and writing techniques and the buzz of being involved in a play of their own making.
created and performed by Winmalee High School’s drama cohort, directed by Madeleine Sheehy & Zeal Theatre, played a sell-out public season in the school hall. Dealing with the aftermath of the community’s bush fires of 2014, the highly acclaimed production won a NSW Premier’s Resilience Award and was short listed for a National Community Arts Prize.
Zeal’s residency programs can take many forms with a range of outcomes.
- Create a new play performed by the host school...
- MY NAME IS ME – Georges River College (Peakhurst HS, Hurstville Boys HS) & Kogarah HS, 2018
- BEFORE I LOSE MY COOL – Monivae College, 2016
- STRAW HATS, THONGS & TOOTHBRUSHES - Winmalee High School,
- EVERY 15 MINUTES – Woodleigh School, 2015
- DEBTS – Griffith University, 2003
- HIT HARD – Griffith University, 1998
- HAPPY MEMORIES – Jesmond South Primary School, 1991
- Develop a new Zeal play through a series of workshops with a student cohort...
- LUCKY COUNTRY – International Grammar School, 2015
- THE FORWARDS – St. Arnaud Secondary College & Monivae
- HIT HARD – West Wallsend High School, 1990
- Ongoing partnerships and collaborations with international theatre companies...
- THE STONES, TABOO and SIT STILL – Teater Grimsborken, Norway,
- AUSTRALIA v SOUTH AFRICA – Ellis & Bheki, South Africa,
- KOVEK, CSATAROK and KAMPOKEMP – Kolibri Theatre, Hungary
- STONES and TABOO – Theaterhaus Frankfurt, Germany, 2002-07
- THE STONES – Muz Theater, The Netherlands, 2001-03
- TAFFLIAD CARAG and KING-HIT – Arad Goch Theatre, Wales, 2000-14
- TATAU: RITES OF PASSAGE – Pacific Underground, New Zealand, 1996
Cost for short or long term residencies are negotiable depending on preferred outcomes, duration of residency and budgetary constraints.
Contact Zeal on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Stefo Nantsou on 0421 887 003